By Danny Kaplan | April 16, 2019
Little Apps provide interactive computing with no coding to calculate statistics, fit models, and display statistical concepts.
Every Little App is built around a common framework:
- At the core is a data graphic. The vertical axis is the response variable and the horizontal axis is the explanatory variable.
- Controls enable you to select a data set and variables.
- Set the sample size and easily display a new sample.
- Statistics are shown as annotations, always with respect to the data.
- A statistics tab, under the graph, gives numerical descriptions of the statistics.
- Most have measurement “sticks” that allow you easily to read values and differences from the graphic.
Each Little App is a specialist in a particular style of display or statistical annotation, e.g. proportions, regression, t-tests, etc.
Enjoy! You can learn a lot just playing with data.